Friday, October 28, 2011

Good People

Don't ask me why, but I've been doing a lot of thinking as of late. Now, don't crack jokes - it really makes my head hurt sometimes. Yesterday I found myself doubting my own confidence in the people who make up our society as a whole. I would like to know where the hell have all the good people gone. I understand that "good" can be defined many different ways and almost always depends on who you ask, however, I feel as though the amount of people who are aware of others as well as themselves is an exponentially dwindling number. I nearly had myself in tears considering this. A while later while discussing the idea with my friend Jacob I realized something. Is it possible that people are programmed to be self interested? What is it that made me assume we are naturally aware and considerate of others? If I were to ask mothers if "mine" was one of the 5-10 first words of their child I'm pretty sure a majority of them would say yes. Is this a demonstration of this self-absorbedness at a very young age? Beats me.

What do you guys think? Give me some feedback on this one because its genuinely bothering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment