Thursday, February 23, 2012

Therapy

As of late, I don't have a lot to say. This is for a number of different reasons, none of which I feel compelled to publicly divulge in this blog post. I've been seeing less and less of my friends and missing the ones who are far away more and more. I don't like spending time alone with my self all of the time - my mind is a complex mine field anymore. I'll just be nonchalantly contemplating to myself and then BLAM my mind psychologically bombs itself...or something like that. So whatever you do, don't stand in the direct path of my ears, you might catch some shrapnel.

Anywho. Music is my escape, my therapist. It is the only thing I've ever found thats been 100% reliable throughout my life. When everything else fails, I can without a doubt count on music. For that, I'm thankful beyond the bounds of reasonability. I literally would most likely go crazy without it. It's how I start my day, how I end the day, and how I smooth out all the wrinkles in between.


I recently discovered Sol's music on the College Of Music. (Which, if you like hip-hop it's worth checking out from time to time.) I need to get more than just this album Yours Truly, because I love it. He's very honest and expressive and I dig it. Another rapper from Seattle who kicks ass.


Florence + The Machine is also another relatively new artist to me and honestly this woman's vocals blow me away. Accompanied with ridiculously powerful instrumental support, I'm pretty sure this band is going to take over the world. When I work with the truck team in the mornings, I start my 6 a.m. day with Cosmic Love. This is probably the only "love" song I can tolerate at this point in time, and its so bad ass it just wouldn't be right if I didn't start my day with it.


Yes, I know I've already posted this one. Yes, I know you've already watched it once before and read while I raved about it. I don't care. Michael Larsen aka Eyedea has inspired me a great deal in the short time I've been listening to his music. It saddens me that an artist like him is no longer with us. He explores his own painful struggles in his music - schizophrenia, drug addiction, loss. He died young, but sounds wise beyond his years in his music. Eyedea and Abilities produced master pieces. Master pieces that remind listeners every day to see the positive and smile. Darn kids and their hip-hop music.


I have been rocking out to this album since the impressionable age of 14. Say Anything is my Nirvana. The anger, vulgarity, and brutal honesty that comes from Max Bemis's can be matched by very few. Seeing the band grow through all of their albums has been awesome and they only get better. Admit It.. will always be one of my favorites, a song that is to never be skipped.

There ya go. A little taste of my daily regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment