Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How often is too often?

I began this whole blogging endeavor with somewhat of a pessimistic attitude. I won't lie, I figured I would blog once, maybe a couple more times and get bored. So far I have posted four...well now five times and I think that maybe I'm blogging too often. I posted on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Is this bad? Unhealthy? Just a way to feed my thirst for a bigger and bigger number on that view counter? ...Maybe.

Don't judge. I greatly appreciate the 100+ views after only four posts. This blog is what's going to get me through the week without hurting someone. And I guess that maybe I'm enjoying it a little, the blogging that is. Just a little though.

Alrighty, I understand its only halfway through the day but I have quite a few things to say. Then its off to debate my first Lincoln-Douglas debate. Ever. Thank goodness its just practice, otherwise I might cry. Maybe not cry, but panic definitely. I have a reasonably decent case. I think. Anywho, I'm getting sidetracked.

First off. I need to rant for just a second. About people. People that I put up with 4 sometimes 5 days out of the week. These aren't specific people necessarily. Just those people....you know? The ones who talk about movies, "oh man Bill and Ted, that movie is sooooo  old." Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? It was made in the 80's. Is that old these days? Or think that its appropriate to publicly converse about the "bangover" you incurred this weekend....Hmmmm I wonder how one acquires such a thing. These are the same type of people whom you see in a different class. They seem to find it necessary to loudly analyze the Jabberwok poem from Alice in Wonderland competitively, speaking over one another as if its some sort of attention getting pissing contest. For the people like that, I have this to say to you: Go away. You bother me.

Next on the list of things to furiously type before class are the nice, new little additions to the page. You may have even noticed them already. On the left hand side I have added and intriguing little poll for you to take part in if you like. For those of you reading from Facebook, I hope you can partake...if not, I'm sorry. Over on the right hand side I have added something that I'm going to be switching up once and a while, and that's an image of some of my typography work! Bam! I'm kind of excited about this little bit if you couldn't tell. This may evolve into works from different areas, but for now it shall be typography. Comment on it, appreciate it, you know those sort of things.

So as I finish up, typing not so furiously (I never really was just so you know) I'm hoping that my week gets better from here, that your week is going well, and that you guys keep this whole reading thing up. It's awesome!

2 comments:

  1. "ONE TWO, ONE TWO!" I love watching that poem be performed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "attention getting pissing contest" is my favorite part :)and your week is most definitely bound to get better for reasons that we both know lol.

    ReplyDelete