Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Setting up the stage.

Alright so as you can obviously see this is thee first of many blogs.  Well at least I hope it will be the first of many.  Anyhow, it is because of this that I feel as though its appropriate to simply begin to set the stage if you will.  This is a time to get the readers....reader....myself ready for what it is that will be viewed in this blog.  So to start off lets set some ground rules shall we.

1. Some of the content may offend you. I am not sorry if it does, it happens.
2. What is said is open for arguement. All of it. I love to argue.
3. If you must argue, don't be silly, make good arguement.
4. What you say in comment is also open for arguement by anyone.
5. Don't take my opinions and view points personally, please.

I think thats enough for now. I may add some, seeing as how I sometimes like to make things up as I go (I got that from my mom) hahaha I love you mom. I will do my best to edit out, hold back, or whatever on the curse words.  Honestly, though, I don't have a problem with them and from what I've gathered neither do my peers.  So you may have to live with my foul mouth just as they do.

So let's actually do some for real bloggin here...what to talk about what to talk about? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Oh!!!!! Alright I got this.

So while I was home for spring break I worked at Target (where I work every time I come home) and one particular afternoon an elderly woman came in and ordered a snack.  She was then joined by her daughter and her young son.  It happened to be Saint Patrick's Day and I overheard a tiny bit of their conversation.  This is how it went:
Mom: See this green on my sweater? What your father doesn't know is that even if I take this off I'm still wearing green. (leans in and says quietly) It's on my undershorts. hahahaha.
I had to go to the back so I could laugh.  I simply could not hold it in.  As I made for the back room I could hear the younger woman, "Gross mom!"  It was classic.  And mind you her mother was well into her 60s.  Just picture that for a second.  The first thing I thought after I got over the laughs was that I cannot wait until I can embarrass MY kids like that.  Now, I don't currently have children, nor do I plan on having any for a while.  My mother, however, it seems does this on a regular basis.  Whether we're out in public or just at home having dinner she can ALWAYS find something to try to embarrass me about.  Notice I said try.  I try to be quick and either play the embarrassment way way down, change the subject, or do something else witty to sidestep the embarrassment.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  Either way it does put a smile to my face, and I can definitely tell that my mom gets a kick out of embarrassing us kids.  When I have my own it'll just be so........exciting knowing that I have the power to, at any given moment, turn one of my adolescent children into blushing embarrasment with just a few words.  Now, you may be thinking "wow she's sick,"  but no, I am not.  Your parents have to clean up your poop, puke, boogers, blood, toys, clothes, etc. I feel like after all of that they've earned the right to be embarrassing or cause it.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, you have no idea how happy I am that you started writing. You are right when you say that it will be a grammatical mess--in fact, it already is. However, I am also pleased that you picked today to start blogging because we read Cynthia Ozick in Creative Writing class today, and YOU are Cynthia Ozick. She is a conceptual genius, way over-the-top, excessively employs polysyndentons, and most importantly is NEVER edited or censored, because she is Cynthia Ozick.

    That is you, and it really made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I did change pessimistic. Just that...I think. I may have to look this Cynthia character up. I must tell you though...you lost me at that long p word. I think its some kind of dinosaur, maybe.

    ReplyDelete