Friday, April 8, 2011

Way Too Early

As I sit in DIA waiting for our flight to NY for the National Phi Rho Pi Speech and Debate meet I find myself becoming very irritated by the airports lack of wi-fi that functions well. This add that resides at the top of every page, the one that slows everything down and even keeps lagging the window out, whoever the hell decided that putting that there would be a good idea, I hope you stub your toe today. Jackass.

So just to clarify why I am surly this early morn, I have been up since 3:30 a.m. along with the rest of the team in order to take the hotel shuttle to the friggin' airport. Gah. Isn't it just great that this is only the beginning of a horrendously long week.

I did have some ideas to blog about, but due to the time and lack of brain function happening in my nogin with so little sleep I cannot think of a damn thing worth talking about. It's morning like this that I wish I was snuggled up close to Mr. Matchew. That is the only thing I should be doing at this time of day. Not sitting in the airport.

Do you hear that??? There's a bird in the terminal, poor thing. I hope it finds it way out soon. I can't imagine they have any bird feeders in DIA.

So it's 5:30 a.m. and there is a group of loud, douche-looking, jersey shore aspiring travelers sitting together. Now, just because I said "douche" does not mean they are all men. They're actually 3/5 women. But the term fits nonetheless. I have my noise-canceling headphones in with the volume half way up, and I can still hear them being obnoxious. It's to early for that kind of garbage.

Oh, I guess while I'm at it I can share this with you all. I purchased my first pair of heels ever yesterday. Ugh. Lame. Never having worn such things, I'm a little concerned for myself and the fact that I have to run around a hotel in these new-fangled things for a week. Hopefully I don't fall......too much.

I probably won't be blogging a whole lot this next week, I apologize. I hope to have a couple guest blogs from two of my bestest friends though! How exciting.....I really am excited, you just can't tell because I'm not telling you directly. Thank you all for reading! Almost 250 views!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment