Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Post of Poetry

Lately I've been having odd dreams. Now when I say odd dreams, I mean that everything  about these dreams strikes me as odd or out of the ordinary. See, I hardly ever remember dreams. I often wonder if I dream at all, that's how little of my dreams I recall. Recently I've been remembering them more often than I have for a long while. I don't remember the dreams in their entirety, just slivers of them. Things that stick in my brain for some reason or another. The subject of these dreams is not really significant, nor is it consistent. They've all been completely different, with no correlation as far as I can see. The point is these dreams prompted me to write a little poetry. Enjoy

Images of recent dreams flash through the mind.
Impossible becomes easy
until one's eyes open in anticipation of the day.
Within seconds only frames and pieces can be recalled.
Apprehension awaits each evening as
you wonder if the REM cycle
will bring your innermost desires to life.
______________________________________

Attempting to deliberately return to a specific dream
proves fruitless.
The only world that makes what you want attainable
refuses to permit a return to its corridors.
It's like falling for a face you'll never see again,
the thought makes you smile.
That desire to return, however,
will drive you mad.

2 comments:

  1. This was really cool. Liked the poetry. I went almost six months with having nothing but odd dreams like what I imagine yours to be, but now the strangest anything gets is me kissing somebody who creeps me out in real life or something dumb like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a classic "I"m standing in public with nothing but my underwear on" dream. The odd dreams make me wish there was a genuine science to interpreting the meaning of dreams.

    ReplyDelete