Friday, December 16, 2011

Herro Kitteh

I love saying that. Herro Kitteh. It's so much fun. Just rolls right off my tongue. Herro. Kitteh. It's as if it was meant to be mispronounced. Kind of like saying "prollaby." Saying it incorrectly just adds a little bit o' spice to the conversation. Mostly it makes people stop and correct me, either way, it makes me smile.

Which brings me to something that might actually be worth rambling about. Have you ever found yourself listening to a song for the first few times, and as you listen to the words you think, "Holy shit, this is totally written about me/my demeanor/this point in my life?" (I'm not so sure if that sentence is properly punctuated. It looks kind of jacked.) Thats kind of what I found myself thinking as I listened to "Smile" by Eyedea. A main line from the chorus states "I'm fallin', but no matter how hard I hit the ground, I'll still smile." This is the mentality that I would like to think I've had for quite some time. All in all it's the mentality I try to promote. Sure, life gets rough and we all know the negative is much easier to see. However, what a lot of people fail to realize is that a simple smile works endless wonders. I'm not saying fake it. I'm saying on those days where all you feel like doing is frowning, take a pause and ponder for a minute. While you're pondering I can almost guarantee you'll find something worth smiling about. Just use that and smile. You'll be surprised how much that tiny little contraction of the muscles in your face can change. Even on my worst days, I'll still smile.

1 comment:

  1. This was lovely and a cute read. I definitely have to constantly remind myself to look at what I have and not what I don't have. It's a battle, but one worth winning.

    ReplyDelete