Monday, December 12, 2011

They say the third time is a charm..

This is the third blog that I've started (and will hopefully finish) since I last posted. I've been so scatter-brained this last month that there's no way I could've tossed a completed, worthy blog into the mix. No way, Jose.  At this very moment I'm still doubting my ability to publish a post worthy of taking the time to read.

I've been thinking lately about the abundance of assholes on this planet. Sure, some days I guess I'm easily included in this category, but I'm talking about those who are on an everyday basis just a complete selfish jerk. They're destroying everything we find value in. Take a look at Christmas, for instance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not religious. However, the holiday season still means spending and cherishing the time spent with friends and family. The corporate nature of our nation has completely beaten this family time to an unrecognizable pulp. Every time I hear a child say, "But mom, if I don't get that Christmas is gonna suck," I wish I wouldn't get fired for poppin' him or her in the mouth. That's obscene. As far as I'm considered, if what you consider to be your family is alive and kickin' during the holiday season it's a pretty damn good time. Now, if you get to actually spend time with them it's even better. I'm thoroughly disgusted with this new holiday mentality and to be quite frank, I'm ready for these days of materialistic vulgarity to be over. Appreciate the small things in life and forget about all the things you can't afford and don't need. For those who are at the top of this corporate monster, I hope karma turns your life upside down.

On a much more pleasant note, I've been killing the creative side of my brain with ridiculous amounts of homework and art-ness that I hope to share with all of you once this week of finals and finishing stuff up is over. I don't want to sound vain, but my self-portrait, kicks ass. Just sayin'.

Oh and I saw the cutest "offensive" jeans today. They were being worn by my friend's nephew. He's two years old and apparently they don't make infant jeans to accommodate babies who might be built different than others (who knew that people weren't identical) because this poor little guy's jeans kept falling down. He'd pull them up, and try to hold them up while he was playing, but those darn jeans would not have it. It was the cutest and is the only time offensive saggy pants are acceptable I've decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment